Search This Blog

Sunday, October 21, 2012

No truck? Get a hatchback!

Many diehard thrifters and junkers swear by driving a truck to haul all their booty home. Convenient, sure.

But what if a truck isn't your thing? Or you don't have room for one?

I'm here to tell you, a hatchback is your friend.

One time, I piled an entire vintage 70s faux bamboo bedroom set in my 2-door Acura hatchback:
* 6-drawer dresser
* nightstand
* queen-size headboard and rails
* plus, the dresser's mirror bundled in a blanket and tied to the top of the car.

Granted, it took two guys about 30 minutes to figure out how to pack it all in (I freely admit to being spatially challenged, my bumpers prove it). And, it was a long ride home driving slowly so the furniture wouldn't get banged up from my usual Mario Andretti driving style...

Jenny Lind bed, repro from 1950s? Oak dresser from early 1920s?
Last night, I made it home with the small dresser and large twin headboard above neatly stashed in my car with the back seats folded down. (Thank you, Craigslist!) The Jenny Lind repro headboard from the 50s and the antique dresser will be repainted and blinged out with glittery new hardware for a friend's daughter's room. Photos to come eventually...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails