Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What gives, Thrifty Org?

OK, so I've admitted my thrift store problem, so I know y'all aren't judging me. Right? Right?!

After some concentrated blogging lately, it seemed somehow -- oh, I don't know -- mission-critical that I hit up a thrift store today to see if this weekend's luck would hold.

So around 4:30, I took a break to swing by a Very Worthy Thrift "boutique" in South Tampa that benefits an important cause. Which I shall leave nameless.

Scanning the three-room store, I spied out swag in a few minutes. There was a small but commendable amount of my fave junk: a pair of matching Japanese porcelain vases just great for a mantle (confession: not that I have one), a hand-painted porcelain candlestick lamp (sans shade, natch) perfect for a powder room, a brass birdcage that would perch with panache on my dresser, and a tiny nightstand with nice inlay detailing that compliment my faux bamboo bedroom set.

Cue rude awakening music / needle scraping across a record!!

* The vases are $69.99 for the set. I'm no porcelain pro, but please! It's a thrift store!

* The candlestick lamp was $20. And it's leaning slighting to the right! And it needs rewiring, for pete's sake! There's no shade, for cryin' out loud!


* The birdcage was a display item, not for sale. Like quite a few OTHER display items scattered around. Hello, is this a display museum? Or a store where we're moving product to aid a great cause?


* The nightstand was $59.99. Kinda teensy for such a big price!


Well, this frustrated frugalista will pass, thank you very much. Back to my other usual hangouts...

P.S. If you know anyone who's looking for Missoni dishes at about $40/pop, I'll be happy to tell you the location.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails